Thursday, July 9, 2015

Sweet Tea!

My dad always makes the best sweet tea. He would make it in a huge jar on the back porch. When sun tea isn't possible, I like to make it in my coffee maker. Yep. My dinky 4-cup Mr. Coffee coffee maker. I clean out all the coffee gunk from the machine and the pot, and then I cut open the tea bags, put it in a coffee filter, and go.  The secret ingredient that makes my dad's tea SO good is in the variety of teas that he uses. We've always used regular old Luzianne family-size tea bags, but my dad throws in a couple of single Earl Grey tea bags.

I use Adagio Earl Grey Bravo as my regular morning tea, and it brings a lovely fruit and floral lilt to the flavor of the tea.

Sweet Tea
Yields: one gallon of sweet tea

3 family size black tea bags
2 tsp loose Earl Grey tea (or 2-3 single tea bags)
1 gallon water
3/4 - 1 1/4 c. sugar/sweetener depending on



No comments: